Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : tailhappy elise

dp5
08-10-2002, 01:42 AM
had my first race school today. interesting, and fun (with only a couple exceptions, it was pretty much like a regular track day). but the elise was oversteering all over the place. i hadn't changed anything since the last time, so i'm not sure what's going on. the <a href="http://www.dpcars.net/loose.mpg">video</a> shows what i mean.

got it up on the lift at the end of the day, will have to check around underneath tomorrow.<br>________________________________________

the closer to the edge, the better the view

Steve W
08-12-2002, 12:44 PM
*grin*

Thats the second time I've seen you put the windscreen wipers on while fighting that car...

Seriously, that lot didn't look right... I hope you find whatever was causing that lot and put it right before you take it out again.

Steve

dp5
08-12-2002, 02:09 PM
one of the front antiroll bar links was loose. so i had zero bar on turn-in, followed by sudden full-hard bar once the play was taken up. entertaining, if tiresome and slow (i was 4 seconds off my target pace).<br>________________________________________

the closer to the edge, the better the view

Bob
08-15-2002, 05:44 PM
Do you have adjustable dampers?

What are the tires/tire pressures?

Did the ride height or camber unilaterally decide to change settings?

Bob
08-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I have my anti-roll bar still on the stock setting - second softest. for some reason, that seems to work with the 550/600 springs and 3 way dampers. I am loathe to change anything.

dp5
08-21-2002, 08:30 PM
are the ones that work for YOU :) of course my 190 just has the standard lotus sport springs/shocks, so it's a whole different setup from yours. i agree that if it works, don't mess with it.

dp5
08-21-2002, 08:33 PM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index