Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Fred
11-19-2000, 03:08 AM
My 85 Porsche 944 does not start when hot. Although the starter works perfectly and cranks the engine rapidly there is not a single spark. The engine will start readily after 1 to 2 hours and then runs smoothly with no symptoms of problems, either idling or driving, until it is switched off and then will not start up again until cooled down. Thinking it might be the 2-stage DME relay I replaced it but to no avail. It could also be the coil, but since the engine runs without a hick-up I am hesitating to replace it. There was no pulse on the negative side of the coil while cranking when hot, so the coil is definitely suspect. The coil lead to the distributor showed continuity. Furthermore, I switched common relays, the ignition relay and fog lamps, to no avail. The ignition X relay was somewhat warm but it did click on testing. It seems the relays are probably OK. Well I am mystified. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Patrick Carroll
11-19-2000, 04:18 PM
I have a few cars and on my chevy I had the same problem and it was the coil. I would change the coil.

Martin
03-03-2001, 06:36 AM
possibly a faulty fuel pressure regulator, if the fuel pressure is too high the in will shut off, unplug one injector and see if it starts, if it does replace the fuel pressure regulator

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index