Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Lowered 96 C4 Cab

Joe
12-16-2000, 07:50 PM
Bought a 96 C4 Cab that the previous owner had lowered with Eibach springs and updated the shocks as well. The car is extremely low for my taste and driving habits and in the northeast not very practical. Can the car be simply raised? or, must i put back the original springs which i have? Also, i had to replace the steering rack recently (was leaking), would this have been caused by the car being Lowered? Thx

Ric
12-17-2000, 06:59 PM
don't have an answer for you, but... I'm picking up a 96 C4S next week, interested in how low your car is. Any pics? My C4 has the aero kit, don't think it needs lowering, but am interested in how your car looks and if you can tell a difference in handling. Thanks

Joe
12-19-2000, 11:22 PM
Dont have measurements, but i can tell you i must be careful pulling out of my driveway because i did scrape the rear once. One mechanic described it as California Low, whatever that means. I live in NY. I purchased it this way from a previous porsche club member. The car does handle outstanding however, and tracks extremely straight. But it is not suitable for everyday driving in my opinion, at least not on NY (Long Island) streets.

Brian
12-27-2000, 05:01 PM
You will need to put the stock springs back on. If the previous owner installed new shocks just keep them on there but change the eibach springs to stock. Your ride wouldn't be as harsh as it is now.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index