Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

PeterKern
12-30-2000, 11:41 PM
I saw an article on Pelican about an install of a primary muffler by-pass pipe. If anyone has one on thier 964, please describe your results. BTW, my car also has a chip and K&N cone filter which I think gives it a kick in the butt (15hp?)under full throttle.

Charlie R.
12-31-2000, 12:12 AM
I very rarely say this, Trust Porsche! They actually do their homework on this stuff. People have been trying for 20 years to best the factory mufflers and they never manage to do it. At best you'll get +/- 2 hp at the rear wheels what's the point. if you have 1/2 a gallon less of gas you'll accomplish the same thing. I remember some old dynotests that I did w/ a soundtrap and in most cases we lost HP. even when we put in a test pipe we lost HP. Then a friend had a custom $500 exhaust made and he lost HP...back pressure is VERY important in any modern race or high performance engine. The argument might be that w/ any Porsche you have to squeeze 1hp here and 1hp there, but the exhaust for anything but a full blown race car is just a waste of time, effort and money.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index