Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Patrick C. Carroll
01-21-2001, 12:30 AM
I have a 2.5 liter turbo and I was wondering if there are any modifications that have to be done to swap the 8 valve head for the 16 valve head? will the exaust still bolt up? How about the intake?

Charlie R.
01-21-2001, 09:53 AM
That stuffs hard to find but the factory did make it. There were OEM 16V turbos from the Works team. I don't know how you'd ever find the parts other than calling Andial direcdtly. ($$$) Nothing you can buy here at a dealer or shop will work. In general the factory never used a 16V head because it didn't really help much. They could force as much air in as they wanted w/ the use of a bigger/better turbo. This is true in general and why there are very few 16V turbos, some companies to it for the marketing but it never makes sense from a performance standpoint.

Patrick C. Carroll
01-21-2001, 07:28 PM
I already have the 16 valve head. I just want to know if I can put my new motor in the car and use the oem parts, such as exaust and intake?

Charlie R.
01-21-2001, 07:33 PM
Gosh, not sure. It's been a while since I've seen those parts. But what about your valve timing, vario cam, DME, fuel pressure, etc. how's that gonna work?

Patrick C. Carroll
01-21-2001, 08:55 PM
I'm in the midle of replaceing my DME/KLR with a Wolf3d AEM system. It has a few extra outputs and I'll look in and see if it will be able to run the vario cam. I'll use the same timing belts as the 16 valve 968 na uses. I already run a custom fuel system. I guess I'd just be running a 3 liter low compression motor with a turbo. I'm looking for a 3 liter block and more info on my conversion.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index