Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Craig
01-27-2001, 10:39 PM
Why isn't this Board used more often? I like it's layout better, and it's much faster than Porsche Pete's Boxster Board. What's the purpose of DSL and 1-Ghz computers with a site so slowwwww as PPBB?

NealDee
01-28-2001, 12:03 AM
PPBB was great for a while, but i've always hated the layout and you're right what's going on w/ their server, it's sooooo slooooowwwwwwwwww Roadfly's server seems to be really fast. I guess I'll try it out for a while...

Craig
01-28-2001, 06:12 PM
Maybe it will force PPBB to speed things up.

Rob
01-31-2001, 10:27 PM
plus, its run for free.......No one is trying to sell you stuff. Its not a Business. It was started by a guy with a Boxster.Its run out of love and lust for the Boxster. PPBB was the FIRST Boxster board. So the online Boxster Communitee start there first. This board will nevver take off as long as PPBB is around. There are simply too many people devoted to PPBB. PPBB could change tothe new software if enough people asked for it to change. SO far no one has. This board is just a business. There is no soul on this board.

the other Criag
01-31-2001, 10:43 PM
This place is for BMWs only, NOT for Porsches and Definetly NOT for Boxsters! www.986board.com FOR LIFE BABY!!!!! Come on, Do you think TBHL (300 boxsters)or BRBS(150 boxsters) or the Infamous Malibu Canyon runs(40 boxsters) could have started from this board? Puullllllleeeeease! There isnt any life here. the air is cold and stale here. ALso, You can say derogatory remarks aboutthe board on PPBB..........I bet you cant say that here. PPBB believes in freedon of speech (as long as there arent any 4 lettered words) Lets see how long it takes for these threads to get deleted.

NealDee
01-31-2001, 11:46 PM
You don't like them because they don't like you? Granted I don't know why BMW people have such contempt for Porsche people but who cares. The BMW section seems to be super busy but I like the quiet atmosphere here. I hope it stays this way. I'm getting emails from my classifieds that's all i care about anyway.

Skye36
03-28-2001, 08:56 PM
I've never seen BMW drivers with any contempt towards Porsche drivers. I've seen a good amount of comptetition between the two, but that's it. If you're meeting BMW drivers with certain personality problems, then the issue then would be them and their lack of character. I've personally always enjoyed the competition between the 2 companies b/c they both make among the best sporting automobiles. The only problem I would have here is with the car salesmen of Porsche/BMW, who feel they need to insult the other company's model to help their own sales. These specific people represent the car company for which they work for and should be able to act in a more dignified manner, with more maturity.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index