Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

s2rick
02-05-2001, 09:31 PM
any body have any info about this problem? it is on my 1990 s2. are the valves on this car hydrolic& can they be adjusted? thanks for any help on this subject. rick

Charlie R.
02-05-2001, 09:35 PM
No they are self adjusting. How bad is the clicking? That would
be an extremely rare condition.

Have you listened w/ a stethoscope to determine that the clicking
is exactly the lifters and not an exhaust leak. An exhaust leak at
the head sounds exactly like a clicking lifter.

fletch
02-06-2001, 08:18 PM
The clicking under the hood on 944's is almost(almost)always the injectors firing. A sticky lifter will be worse in the morning, and usually quiet down as the car warms up. If you suspect the lifter try thinner oil next oil change. Also, you can get LUBRO MOLY slug remover. Use as directed to clean out the block/head etc. I have used the product and had great success with a sticky lifter in my fathers 928.
I have not torn down a twin cam car yet, so I can't tell you how hard it will be, a single cam car lifters can be replaced in a few hours. Problem is which lifter to replace. At 37.30 (928-105-312-02) you have 596.80 dollars worth of lifter to buy if you want to be sure to find the bad one.

Fletch
building my web site at
www.slip.net/~fletch

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index