Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

David Salama
02-07-2001, 09:30 AM
Has any converted to a Huntley Racing Garrett Ball Bearing Turbo? What are your driving impressions? Any problems? Fast spool up? Is it worth upgrading to the ball bearing turbo? Thanks!

Partick Carroll
02-08-2001, 07:49 PM
I have added a HR stage 2 ball bearing Turbo and it is probably the best turbo to put on a stock 951. I added the turbo and the stage 4 maf kit and I am now pushing 450 hp. I am going to put a new engine in my car and am selling my maf kit if your interested to. If you have any more questions just E-Mail me.

carrollp@tds.net

Patrick C Carroll

David Salama
02-08-2001, 08:07 PM
Patrick,
Is that 450Hp at the flywheel? Can the transaxle handle that kind of power without breaking? What are you 1/4 mile times? What happened to your engine? Thanks.

Partick Carroll
02-09-2001, 12:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with my engine. I just want a bigger one. I am going to buil a 3.2 liter twin cam enging and race the heck out of it. The trans axle of a 944 can handle alot more power that you think or many people will tell you. I have a friend with 850 hp at the crank and a stock trany. The stock trany can hold over 900 now and then HP. If you through 900 hp on it every day of the week and slam every gear it will bust. It will but if you beat it to hard for to long with as little as 500 hp.

I have never drag raced my car, but I do drag my mustang and it does mid 11's and the porsche seems faster than it. I raced my porsche and my friend was in my mustang and after the 951 spooled and trying to keep the tires from spinning the 951 would just run past the mustang. It is pretty damn fast now since I added the maf kit. That there is like 100+HP. Plus the turbo........ WEW there is nothing that will touch you then. I can go on and on about how fast it is but you'll find out when get your mods going on too.

Good luck David
Patrick C. Carroll

P.S. If you have any questions please mail me at carrollp@tds.net

thanks

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index