Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bruno
02-09-2001, 11:20 AM
Has anyone experienced excessive squeaking where the window meets the rubber gasket on the cab top? Any known remedies?

Charlie R.
02-09-2001, 11:37 AM
Go to Trak Auto and buy spray on silicone. Spray it on a rag liberally and then wipe it into the rubber molding. It may take two applications but it'll do the trick.

Brian
02-16-2001, 04:10 PM
The squeaking is a very common. I guess I would as what are you doing with the top up. Just kidding. My Boxster is a daily driver and since I live in Indiana I haven't had the top down for owver 3 months. I would advise against the use of silicone based products thoubh, because they have adverse effects on rubber. BMW makes a product (I think it is called Gummi Pledgi or something to that effect) for rubber treatment and people have had success with it. The other common remedy is non-scented talcum powder. Either solution works for a while but will require reapplication to maintain the results. HTH

AG-986
02-16-2001, 04:45 PM

HillB
02-27-2001, 03:10 PM
I would get squeaking on my 986 when riding over rough pavement. It seems to have stopped the problem for now. Got my fingers crossed.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index