Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 1/4th mile time

Dan951
02-13-2001, 01:44 AM
I have a 87 951 and would like to bring it to the track against my friends Z28 1994. What 1/4 mile time do you think my 87 951 will run? I have a new trans, new clutch, K&N, Huntley Racing Chip set, Lindsey Racing Boost enhancer set at 14psi, and autometer boost and a/f gauge. If I strip my car of all the accessories like spare tire, tool kit, etc do you think i can pull off a 13.9 ET? What is safe Boost levels for a stock head gasket? I would like to bump it up to 15-16psi and run some race fuel and octane booster in it just for a few runs so I can beat him. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
Dan

Charlie R.
02-13-2001, 09:33 AM
Just don't slip the tires and get into 3rd gear as quickly as you can. There isn't a car on the road that'll beat a 951 in 3rd gear. I don't know if you'll do a 13.9 that takes a lot of practice etc. There isn't really a comparison between a '94 Z28 and a 951. Below 60 sure a civic will give your car a run for the money, that's why you need to get it over 50 as quick as you can and let the engine and gears do their job.

re: boost, do some testing first you don't want to overboost and reset the DME. You don't need to do most of the stuff you mention it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't remember what the factory claims were for 1/4 mile. What do old Road & Tracks say?

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index