Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : my friends 944 is revvin 4 no reason.......

MECHANIZM9
03-05-2001, 08:23 PM
when he disengages the clutch or simply just lets it idle it just revs really high uncontrollaby.......... it revs high at idle also..... any suggestions????? thanx 4 ur time

Charlie R.
03-06-2001, 01:10 AM
It's either the air flow sensor sending the wrong signal or the throttle control. Neither are easy to test w/out a replacement unit.

Martin
03-06-2001, 03:01 PM
Check the above and also look for a vacuum leak, any extra air will keep the engine running too fast, check also that the air bypass screw at the throttle body is not loose or missing.

Nick
03-07-2001, 01:30 AM
Check to make sure that the outer shield of the throttle cable is seated in throttle bracket on the engine. When I first got my 944 new I got it home and checked the oil. When we restarted the car it reved uncontrollably. It turned out that the cble shield got pulled slightly out and was resting on the outer part of the bracket.

See if this helps.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index