Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 944 Water pump install

Head
03-13-2001, 01:35 PM
I am trying to install a water pump on my 85.5 944. What is the trick to accessing the water pump and getting the timing stuff out of the way? It looks like there is one bolt that attaches from the timing stuff to the water pump, but after this is taken out what must be done? I dont want to start taking things apart w/o knowing. Thanks in advance.

Whoever made this design is an idiot.....

Ed

Charlie R.
03-13-2001, 01:48 PM
all that "stuff" has to come off. Once you get the pulley's out of the way then you'll have access to the water pump. If you can avoid removing everything that'll be a time saver. Some of that stuff can be gently moved out of the way. To make it easier to work on you can just loosen some things w/out removing them all the way. Unfortunately it's just a big job.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index