Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

StoneWalk
04-05-2001, 12:19 AM
A few days ago, there was a stir as someone posted a photo showing the grey-and-blue/red-stripe interior which was going under the name "Anthracite M cloth" in Canada.

I believe the Canadian fellow indicated it was option code F2AT

I took a moment to look through the Euro order guide, and F2AT corresponds to what the rest of us have been calling the "Anthracite Alcantra" interior. And yes, I must agree that photo didn't make it look too hot. :(

On the upside, the low-dollar Cloth interior (standard in the US) should be nicer looking (I hope), not United-Airlines-Seating, and carries option code G8AT. Now we just need somone to order it and get a photo! :)

FYI

Peter in T.O.
04-05-2001, 12:31 AM
I posted that code earlier...

According to BMW Canada documentation, the alcantara cloth known to the rest of the world as "M Texture Alcantara" is called "Anthracite Cloth" here, option code F2AT. On the sample swatch at the dealer, it does say "M Texture".

The other cloth available to Canadians is called "Anthracite Cloth Impulse", option code G8AT, and I would venture a guess that this will be the horizontally ribbed cloth with the M stitching (someone posted a pic before). Purely judging by the names, maybe this one is alcantara too, but who knows? The dealer did not have a sample to show me, so it remains a mystery.

..P

Peter in T.O.
04-05-2001, 01:41 AM
Just had a look at the US ordering brochure for the coupe. I guess G8AT is just plain old cloth, no ribbing. But, it could still be alcantara.

Bcar
04-05-2001, 07:22 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index