Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

N Demand
04-25-2001, 03:03 PM
When does it officially begin???

StoneWalk
04-25-2001, 03:06 PM

m3 cabrio
04-25-2001, 03:12 PM
so if im number 6 spot ,will i have my car by fall?

kareem
04-25-2001, 03:16 PM

StoneWalk
04-25-2001, 03:19 PM
Dealers are getting anywhere from 1 cabrio every 6 months, to several per month, depending mostly on size.

Cabrio production appears to be somewhat less than coupe. So take the number of coupes your dealer has been getting in March and April, round down a bit, and guess that this is close to the monthly cabrio rate he'll see in the immediate future. Allocations for May come out today, so more data will be on the table soon.

If your dealer's cabrio list is only 6 deep, he's probably a relatively modest sized place, and I'd make a wild guess that 1 cabrio every other month might be the right ballpark. But some of the 5 people ahead of you may bail, as we're seeing people being offered "abandoned" cars with increasing frequency here. You may be able to take such an "extra" car within a few months, or perhaps order your own in late 2001 or early 2002.

That's the best we've got until more time and allocation numbers come by. The best news is that we already see signs that the frenzy is easing back. Prices are dropping, lists are moving - it all seems promising.

piazzmic
04-26-2001, 12:07 AM
I picked mine up last Thurs. and i was told that it was one of the first ones in the states....

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index