Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : S2 Flywheel locator marks-Charlie?

Mark H
05-06-2001, 10:15 AM
I removed the clutch and found a disintergrated center rubber hub. Good diagnosis Charlie!
I have pulled the flywheel for resurfacing. According to the repair
manual it states when you re-install the flywheel to make sure the small allen head screw faces downward to align for the speed sensor.
My flywheel has a small "D" shaped dimple stamped into the casting and a number "10" stamped 180 degrees off. Do you know the correct mark to work from?
The pilot bearing is very accessible and I will change.
The rear crank seal does not seem to be leaking. Your last post stated another long period to disassemble to get to this seal. I assume the oil pan must come off?
Mark from AutoThority thought it may be accessible behind the flyweel.
Thanks, Mark

Charlie R.
05-12-2001, 11:15 AM
Gosh, sorry I can't remember which mark is the right one??? You can't hurt your engine if you install it in the wrong one it'll just cause your car to not fire correctly. Not that I recommend reinstalling everything "just to see". If I recall correctly the OEM Porsche shop manual has a picture so you'll be able to see which is the right mark. If you don't have manuals you should either buy some or go to your dealer and ask the service manager to photo copy the page for you.

RE: rear seal, everythings got to come off, including front crossmember, big job.

Not accessible behind flywheel.

Sorry for the delayed response been real busy.

Regards,

Charlie

Mark H
05-16-2001, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Charlie. After I took my flyweel to get resurfaced, I talked with my local dealer. The dimple is the correct indicator. The "10" is the timing mark. Therefore the dimple points down.

Should have the car off the jack stands this W/E
Mark

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index