Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mmmjersey
05-06-2001, 04:07 PM
I own a LSB 2001 M3 and if I decide to keep the car, I will replace the stereo. I have had some mechanical problems and am hesitant to have a system installed in what may be a lemon. At the time, I am not impressed with the sound of the stock stereo...I have the harmon/kardon system in it and was wondering if any of you have swapped out the system in your cars....If so, do you have pictures of your changes? Have the systems given you problems with your cars (eg. electrical or rattle problems? Did you leave the head unit stock? If so, how did the speaker change sound? Do you know of a good installer in the northern New Jersey area? Would you suggest installing the system without a shops assistance? I am pretty mechanically inclined and feel that it wouldnt be much of a challenge. However, the sound adjusments might be difficult...Thanks for your anticipated responses.

Regards,
Andrew

2002 SMG-II
05-06-2001, 04:11 PM
Yes, stock stereo is way below the standard of the car for this price. It drives much better than it sounds (stereo).
One of the best installers in Northern NJ is Mobile Innovations on 46 in Lodi... Try them, I already saw a few M3s getting new stereos there...
Where in Northern NJ are you? Who was your dealer?

///Motor///Mouth
05-06-2001, 04:24 PM

spidey
05-07-2001, 12:23 AM
I was interested in the same thing since I'm interested in getting an M3 amd I want to replace the stock stereo in the car.

I read some stuff on usenet about BMW stereos being hard to change, especially since a new head unit would look bad in the dash (it's not standard size), and that BMW has their own amp/speaker system..

I'd love to know anyhing you do with this system though, for my future knowledge!

berman66
05-07-2001, 02:14 AM
you should hear the 3000 stereo upgrade that comes with a porsche. You average boom box sounds better than that.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index