Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Nizar
05-10-2001, 04:39 PM
I read a couple of times that the 993 Turbo had the cleanest exhaust emmisions of any other production car out there. The new 996 Turbo is probably even better. How so? And why would the 911 turbo run more clean than a regular Carrera? Thanks,

Nizar

Charlie R.
05-12-2001, 10:59 AM
Maybe it can be attributed to better Bosch Motronic engineering but I doubt it. In the old days to get a ton of horsepower out of these cars the fuel was actually blipped into the motor to cool the top of the piston and of course that met worse mileage and worse emissions. I have no idea what they are doing now.

I think it's probablly just a better catalytic converter. Porsche has long been known for superior exhaust systems despite what all the aftermarket manufacturers say. I remember on my race engine that we never got any aftermarket exhaust to perform as well as the factories exhaust on the engine dyno.

At any rate keep up the clean air stuff Porsche, that's good work.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index