Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

nando321
05-14-2001, 05:12 PM
The passenger window has been slow moving and now the switch is mechanically jammed on that side.
There are 5 wires to the switch. The passenger window can't be opened from the driver's side switch for it either (switch not jammed). Any ideas whether the passenger's switch can be bypassed until I get a new one.

thnx

Mike
05-14-2001, 08:06 PM
I had a similar problem. I think the circuit for the passenger side window is also connected to the driver side. In order for the passenger window to operate properly, both the switch on the passenger side and the switch on the driver side for the the passenger side need to funciton. Now assuming your only problem is a broken switch on the passenger side (motor functions). Swap out the broken pasenger side switch with the driver side only switch, now you should have two good switches for the passenger window.
I did this on my '91 C4 and it got the passenger side window up, then I drove straight to a shop and bought a replacement switch.

I hope this helps

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index