Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alex is clueless!
05-15-2001, 06:33 PM
Hello,
I've been a long standing member of the BMW side of this site, but am now purchasing a '97 Boxster, and this is my first post. I had a very important question on the sport package available on some Boxsters. I am NOT referring to the "S" model Boxster. Is there any mechanical upgrades to Boxsters with the sport package? In other words, is it just asthetic upgrades, or is there a tighter, more track tuned suspension on Boxsters with the sport package, such as in BMW's. Further are there more aggressive gear ratios in Boxsters with the sport package, such as is done with BMW's with their sport packages??
If anyones has a full list of the sport package's upgrades, that would help, also. I very much appreciate all your help!!!
Alex

craig
05-16-2001, 12:12 AM
windstop, upgraded stereo and maybe more (not sure). My friend has a 97. Welcome to the Boxster world. I too was a BMW guy until I got my S. No comparison between my Z3 and Boxster. Porsche, there is no substitute :)

01 Boxster S
96 Z3

Charlie R.
05-16-2001, 07:37 PM
You get stiffer swaybars, stiffer shocks and stiffer bushings. Nothing really worth having. Also the 17"s are standard so the rides a little rougher. If you want a little more power you'll need a chip, exhuast and K&N filter. That'll be worth about 25 HP in the real world.

Track times on a sports package car are probably identical to a regular car.

JFrench
05-16-2001, 09:23 PM
Info you seek is at this website. Download the ordering guide.
A "sport package" on either base or S model includes unsporting things like stereo, cruise control and a windstop. The word "sport package" is misleading.

JFrench
2001 Boxster S

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index