Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : how do i know if i have a 944 turbo or not?!?

Bobby
05-19-2001, 01:47 PM
Hears my problem, I bought an 87' 944 I got a good deal but, know manual or maintanece records or anything. It has the Turbo rims, but that could have been from a prev owner. Is there any thing else i can look for, and if it is a turbo what kind of horse power would it have... What is stock horse power for the regular 87 944?
Thanks

turbo6
05-19-2001, 06:34 PM
Look under the hood- locate the exhaust manifold - where it comes off the head and look for a turbo or wastegate....also there should be a gauge in the car that says boost or bar-

fuzz
05-23-2001, 09:25 AM
i hope you are kidding...lift the hood, look for header and exaust is there a turbo in the middle of that plumbing?

Nick
05-27-2001, 02:02 AM
Or try the car should say turbo on the back, have a different front clip, and have a rear underbody spoiler. Not to mention I think the car has a boost guage as well. If it is a turbo.

Rusty
05-27-2001, 09:55 PM
The turbo is not visible by just looking at the engine. It is tucked under the throttle body. The air filter cover will say turbo on it if it is a turbo. Also if you can cream just about any car on the road you probably have a turbo. Also you should be able to hear it whistle just a little bit when it spools up. The early turbos put out 217bhp so it is a VERY noticable difference from the non turbo 944.

hope this helps.

rusty
86' 951(944Turbo)

Anonymous
06-03-2001, 09:59 PM
HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW DAMMIT!!! ; )

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index