Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Danez3
05-20-2001, 09:45 PM
Hey, i own a z3 currently.. nice car, really nice car. But i am thinking alot lately about porsche's.. the refined style and reserved performance. All seen in the 911 turbo.. a great car. Well, right now i am thiking of possibly getting a boxster like a 98 used one or something around there. ( i dunno how well it will fair with the parents, i just got the z3.. and i'm a sophmore in college) but oh well.. i can pay the difference. Are there any majore differences??
DMW

craig
05-20-2001, 11:09 PM
I went from a 96 Z3 to a 01 Boxster S. The Boxster is a much more refined and better performing car in all aspects. I still have my Z3, and although it is still fun to drive, it just doesn't compare to the Porsche. I've also driven a 2.8 Z3 and M Roadster, and again neither compare to the Boxster. There is much more chassis flex in the BMW's, too much body roll, and "twitchy" rear end at limit. All of this became apparent to me after driving my new S. Of course, the Porsche cost twice as much.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index