Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Peter White
05-21-2001, 12:21 AM
Yes, I am a family man. I have a 2000 Boxster S. I bought the Porsche infant car seat with the airbag disengagement system. The next seat up- for kids 20-40 pounds has been pulled from the market. Britax, who makes the seats, says new standards require a tether bar in back of the seat to make it more secure. Porsche has not made the change, so they won't sell the seat. I am out of luck. PCA, the dealers, no one has an answer. Short of having my son ride in one of the trunks, I need to buy a seat or for the next 3 years, he gets no ride in the Boxster.

I will say this for storage in the Boxster- there is enough storage for the car seat in the front trunk, and the back trunk fits a stroller or baby jogger. If anyone feels they can't buy this car because they have an infant. Your wrong. With a little searching, you can find all of the equipment which will fit in one of the trunks.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index