Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

HKM3
06-04-2001, 07:13 PM
my cousin told me she and her boyfriend was crusing on 880 freeway(northern cal) yesterday night, and they encountered some loosing power situation. She said that the power seems to gone and back, gone and back for a couple times. They called a dealer and the dealer said they need to bring the car and let them test it.
Anyone has the same problem? she also mention some yellow light flashing on the dash board....

Bruce
06-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Descriptive subject lines are beneficial

Sounds like traction control kicking in.

Zapper
06-04-2001, 07:23 PM
The the car probably defaulted into safe mode... It happened once to our 540. It is usually a problem with the damn OBD sensors that detect some problem in the air/fuel/exhaust stuff and put the engine in safe mode so you can limp it back to dealer.

On our 540 it happened and we let the car sit and then it was gone with only the check engine light on... and the car ran fine and when we took it in it was some fault sensor bull $hit... hope that helps.

HKM3
06-04-2001, 07:32 PM
I thought of that too, and he said he was at constant 75mph, not doing something crazy...

G-man
06-04-2001, 07:48 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index