Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

C-Note
06-13-2001, 03:27 PM
I'm in Canada and can get Lemans blue for about 5K cdn extra..is this worth it? None of the M3 colours really float my boat, Lemans does, but I've only sen pics in the M brochure, and we all know how accurately BMW portays their colours=). Anyone seen Lemans in person?
Thanks.

order? SAF
06-13-2001, 03:32 PM

would be my only choice if...TIFOSI
06-13-2001, 03:38 PM
offered. Estoril Blue is also a favorite of mine. i think it would be worth an extra 2-3K USD as long as u know it won't be offered the following year otherwise u will feel dubm and it will not be special anymore...

chris
06-13-2001, 03:47 PM

blue metallic, velvet blue, and techno violet! SAF
06-13-2001, 03:51 PM
Dont settle for Le Mans just yet. BMW Individual offers other colors that are just as nice and much more exclusive than Le Mans. God bless you for having access to all those great colors!

SAF

Mystikal in TO
06-13-2001, 04:01 PM

StoneWalk
06-13-2001, 04:09 PM
Yes, I for one would part with several thousand to get my car made in a decent color that makes me grin like an idiot every time I walk up to it. None of the colors offered in the US right now do that for me. LeMans blue certainly would (just find it on an M5 and be amazed). Several other colors from the BMW paint selection would also suffice, but for reasons completely unknown to any rational human, BMWNA cannot accomplish what the Canadians (and every other country in the world) can do - take a special order and deliver it for extra profit.

Why not take my money BMWNA? I love the "oh, you might not take delivery and then your dealer would be stuck with it" theory. Anyone wanna guess how long a LeMans Blue M3 would sit on the lot in southern california? They'd need police to secure the thing from the frenzy.

have access to it through Individual. ;-) SAF
06-13-2001, 04:20 PM

denial
06-13-2001, 04:22 PM
Remember that BS line about the "black trim reinforces the power of the mighty engine crap" - They are rolling in the dump American's jokes.

$60k plus car - dealerships are laughing to the bank!

StoneWalk
06-13-2001, 04:22 PM

StoneWalk
06-13-2001, 04:26 PM
It\'s gloss black trim, matt shadowline, non drilled brakes, no alcantra for all of you, and you\'ll like it because we say so!

I do believe Tom Solkowski is on record as specifically saying that LeMans is an M5-only color, which he can actually choose to make true in the US.... except for that one car running around on the East coast, and those being driven everywhere else in the world...

no more
06-13-2001, 04:33 PM
I too have lost my patience for BMW NA and all of its crappy dealerships. I will be taking my name off the waiting list!

Looking into maybe getting a Lexus.

from Canada? SAF
06-13-2001, 04:39 PM

StoneWalk
06-13-2001, 04:43 PM
Although it has been done, from what I hear you can get in a lot of hassles trying to get such an import properly registered here in the US.

But some days I consider it.

Canada dealers are specifically asking many of their customers to sign a non-export agreement when they take delivery to stop exactly this kind of grey market operations.

What BMW should be seeing from this is that BMWNA is doing a LOUSY job compared to BMW Canada, otherwise there'd be no need to go through exotic grey market import dances.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index