Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 911 in winter

Jimbo
06-19-2001, 04:22 PM
I'm looking at a '99 911. My concern is that I live in the Northeast and wonder how the 911 will do as a daily driver in the winter. I realize I will need snows. Do they make the car livable, and what will i have to pay for a set? Can I get away with just having the on the rear?
Thanks.

Charlie R.
06-20-2001, 12:22 PM
There's so much wait over the rear tires that the cars actually handle pretty well. you'll want to get very skinny snow tires if you get them. fat tires ride on top of the snow skinny tires will cut through it.

MadManMike
06-25-2001, 09:46 PM
Jimbo,

I have the winter wheel/tire set for the 2001 Carrera 4 if you're interested. See my post above or email me.

Baloo
06-27-2001, 12:30 PM
In case snows just on the rear is streetlegal in US, it's still a bad idea since you'll have heavy understeer.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index