Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tom Bielawski
07-02-2001, 12:43 PM
Have air leak under air box. can not figure out how to remove box. Is it in two pieces (upper aond lower half?). I can't figure out how one gets at all the 6 manifold connectons with the box in the way. Can get at the rieht connections but not the left side. Any advice??? HELP!!! This is on a 1980, 911.

Hambone
07-03-2001, 01:39 PM
Tom,

I replaced the airbox on my 911 last year. It is the job from hell!

This is how you do it:
1) Disconnect battery
2) Disconnect all flexible fuel and vent hoses, cold start valve, and throttle position sensor
3) Remove air filter
4) Disconnect throttle linkage
5) Remove nuts securing intakes to cylinder head (carefully place all nuts, springs, clamps etc in a jar or plastic bag so you won't lose them and/or drop them into the engine)
6) When everything is loose lift the entire fuel injection and airbox assembly out of the car.

Note: This will not usually be accomplished in less than 8 hours and will be accompanied by much bitching, moaning and cursing; do not attempt this when you mother-in-law is visiting or if there are young children present.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index