Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : lowering 2001 porsche turbo

albert
07-02-2001, 07:41 PM
i heard that you can lower the porsche turbo for a lower profile look. Are there any contradindications to do this? Also I heard of an european modification of the front nose of the turbo. Has anyone else hear of these changes? thanks in advance

RT7
07-07-2001, 02:36 AM
You can replace your front bumper with the euro bumper, the only difference is no bumperette (black rubber thingy) which makes it a cleaner look. As far as lowering, you may want to ask Gert in Belgium ([email protected]), he's got some of the best prices around.

Peace!
Ron

albert
07-07-2001, 12:36 PM
The lowering i heard of is lowering the whole chasis..Have you heard of this? I was lucky, my turbo didn't have the front bumpers on it. I'm concern about the tires bumping the body of the car on bumps..thanks...al

RT7
07-07-2001, 03:27 PM
If you replace the suspension (springs, shock, etc.), it will lower the entire body (chasis). The springs will have a higher compression rate compare to OEM, thus it will be more give stiffer ride. As far as tires bumping into fenders, if you have the correct offset of wheels and proper size of tires then you don't have to worry about it. A lot of times, owners tend to have the wrong set of offset on aftermarket wheels and have incorrect size of tires (wider and taller than what it supposed to be). The best way is to go with coil-over, you can always adjust them for ride height.

al
07-09-2001, 01:47 PM
thanks for the advice!...al

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index