Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

James
07-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Nice little blurb on the EVO intake and GIAC ECU upgrade.

dave
07-03-2001, 05:23 PM
its a german company that just won the german tuner championship for the second year in a row using a modified Boxster S. their ECU and Intake system is superior in a big time way..........its not even funny. I gotta get my hands on their intake.

James
07-04-2001, 11:23 AM
To me 20HP for $1,100 or so is a good deal.

dave
07-04-2001, 02:00 PM
30 to 35HP. their intake it about 5 3/4 in diameter where the EVo intake is 3 1/4"....more air, They also use a bigger air filter with a special grill so that if wont foul the MAF sensor like the EVO intake is known to do. Also, every ECU they do on a car is custom made for that car. They have a guy come tothe USA to do your car. He goes around the country doing this. Also since they have done all ofthe nessesary R&D. He can program your car to take advantage of any mods that you might get later on. the Giac chip is only geared tothe EVO intake. TTP can tune the ECU to EVO,SCARGO or their intake and headers, mufflers, throttlebodies. They have tested all of those companies products. Porsche uses around 12 to 18 "Different" ECU's depending on how the individual engines tested out onthe Bench atthe factory. TTP is the only company to actually dyno cars that use all of these differnt ECU's , thus they have the R&D behind what they are selling. How many cars did GIAC test? 1,2,3? I heard only 2 cars. Also, TTP's software cant be erased by a dealership, Unlike the Giac chip. You know, You really get what you pay for with ECU's. TTP uses ex-programmers from Porsche own motorsports program and they pay them much more than whaty PAG would pay them. SO they also have the "secrets" that the other tuyners dont have. Hey, they did win the german tuner championship 2 yrs in a row with their Boxster, beating RUF,Gemballa, ROOK,Techart boxsters, etc. You have to know what your doing to pull that off. TTP is one bad [censored] performance company.

CCarson
07-09-2001, 01:24 PM

Craig
07-10-2001, 12:59 AM
Craig
01 S GR/BK/BK

Robert
07-10-2001, 05:20 AM
one person that i know of did do a CA DMV emmissions test and they past it

Craig
07-10-2001, 10:50 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index