Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

scorpio
07-05-2001, 10:11 AM
As I wait for my E46 M3, still about 4-5 months away, I've been keeping proper tire pressure on my '99 E36 M3 by using an electric (120-volt AC) tire pump at home in my own garage. It has finally broken, and it appears that Black&Decker no longer makes the thing, which was called the "Air Station."

Does anyone know of anything similar?

The "Air Station" plugged into a normal 120-volt AC socket, but was very portable. Weighed only 3-4 pounds. About 15" L x 6" W x 7" H.

Thanks.

John
07-05-2001, 10:20 AM
A couple of years ago, I bought an electric tire pump that plugs into what used to be called the cigarette lighter from Griot's Garage. The pump has been used at least once a week and has never failed. I don't know if it's still available, but you might try this URL:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp

GregW in Oregon
07-05-2001, 10:29 AM
designed to handle large tires. There are plenty of 120v air compressors available, but I'm not familiar with one as small as you mention. A conventional compressor would be more versatile, at the expense of size and weight.

- outcome. scorpio
07-05-2001, 01:06 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index