Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

norman
07-05-2001, 03:50 PM
Hi
Can any owners comment on the difference between 90-94 C2s? I was told to avoid the first year C2s. Something about clutch and flywheel? thanks
norman

fstpors
07-09-2001, 11:11 AM
In my opinion, the 94 model year C2 is the most desirable, but also difficult to find as not many were made.I have a 94 C2 cabrio bought it new, have put 76K miles on it. Car has been fantastic. Some recurring problems with the AC fan relay & switch & power steering rack. Other than that its been trouble free. I change oil & filter frequently and do the inspections and service as per Porsche recommendations. Make sure you look at the history of the car and how its been maintained.

ek
07-12-2001, 08:51 AM
do more reading on the clutch. Most would have been replaced by this time and problem solved.

sam
08-04-2001, 09:46 AM
"Avoid the early ones" is very bad advice because it's far too simplistic. The advice should be: be sure that the early ones...

- have had the dual mass flywheel and clutch replaced
- have had the distributor vent installed
- don't have cylinder head leakage problems

I have a 90 c2; bought it after all those problems had been sorted out. It has been amazing; no major problems and goes through a quart of oil every 5K miles...

Sam

Jonathan Cavell
08-28-2001, 08:40 PM
The one that we have in stock has not had any significant problems to the best of my knowledge. It is a 1991 C2 turbo odly enough in the rare Mint Green color. But, the car only has 18,600 miles and it just had a major service. Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you.

Jonathan

P.S. anyone reading this because you are a C2 buyer? You have to check out our site. www.ManageMyCar.com

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index