Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

t1328
07-05-2001, 06:14 PM
A few days back I wrote my driving impressions, which included the following:

"Some members of this board and some journalists have said that the M3's ride is harsh, and/or jarring. I disagree with that. Before this I drove a 2000 328i with sports package, and I didn't notice much of a difference between the harshness on bumps of the two cars."

Ok, so the other day I drove the car in Washington D.C., which has some of the worst roads in the country (in terms of pot holes and bumps). Now I understand the complaints... It is definitely a fair amount harsher on bumpy roads than my old 328i with sports package...

However, on normal roads (such as those in Maryland - right outside DC), you don't feel it as much, and the difference is barely noticeable - hence my description above earlier on.

One more point is that I think the 'Sport' button is a really great idea. Initially I wondered why not just permanently have the 'Sport' button turned on - why bother? But since then I have driven with people who are very nervous back seat drivers, like my mom, and who would get nervous if I drove with the sport mode on because it is a lot more difficult to drive slowly. With the sport mode off, it is very easy to drive this car just like any regular 328i, at reasonable acceleration. I'm now on 380 miles... 820 to go before break in is over and counting.

Cheers
T1328

Glove
07-06-2001, 06:17 AM
T1328, I live in DC and test drove the M3 on the roads a few months ago. The M3 rode fine. I also had a 1999 328i with the sport package and it rode about the same as the M3. Based on that I put my order in on a 2002. Hope to have it no later than December.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index