Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Arthur
07-06-2001, 04:03 AM
I'm 17 years old, said enough. I am addicted to Porsches and have been since the age of 6. My only dream car is a Porsche. But the dilemma facing me is that with only a max of $33k for a car(and at the moment looking at 97' or 98' M3's) I dont know what kind of a Porsche I could possibly get. As far as models, I really dont have any non-favorites, but would prefer a car aft. 1984> and less than 70k miles. They are hard criterias to deal with and I know this, but with only a minimal cash flow, I dont know which way to go. Maintenance and servicing is one of my major concerns because im aware that repairs require a fat wallet.
-THX IN ADVANCE

fstpors
07-09-2001, 10:55 AM
Tough choice...Either car is great. Take a look at a 93 or 94 911 C2. They are fantastic cars and great to drive. a 98-99 E36 M3 is in the price range, has a real trunk and more room in inside than the C2. Drive both and decide. Make sure you buy the best maintained car you can find. Look at the maint. history. The 911 can become very expensive if not taken care of properly. I have both and really enjoy driving them. Hope this info helps.

Zack
07-09-2001, 01:55 PM

Zack
07-09-2001, 02:00 PM
A Porsche is a car for someone with many years of driving experience.

A 911 will turn on you and bite you hard if you drive it wrong at the limits.

An M3 on the otherhand is a perfect high performance car for a younger driver. You can get them stretched out and they will still bail you out of trouble. A 911 won't.

MS
07-10-2001, 10:55 AM
Well for a young fella you've got good taste in cars.

I've had both - the porsche is the more rewarding and challenging (propably cheaper to run) of the 2. I'd recommend a nice 964. There is a lot of buying advice out there and you'll know the car when you see it. Don't bother with anything that's been hit, multiple owners or doesn't have every scrap of paperwork. A good one is hard to find but they're out there. It will take about 12 - 18 months to learn how to drive it (trust me on this..) so I'd strongly recommend joining the local porsche club and doing some drivers ed classes. Don't try pushing a nice porsche without doing this first - they're too precious.

Be warned though if you get a 911 - every other car you consider owning will be a disapointment. There is no substitute.

BDH
07-26-2001, 04:18 PM

Steve
07-31-2001, 05:09 PM

Jonathan Cavell
08-28-2001, 08:34 PM
This poses an interesting question. The reputation of excellence ascociated with Porsche can't be challenged. The company I work for, Manage My Car Auto Sales & Service (www.ManageMyCar.com) has for years specialized in German cars. While I have a particular love for Porsches, there is a beautiful M3 sitting on our showroom floor right now that I am ashamed to admit has creaped in to my mind. The tinted windows and cool color present a sleek apearence I love. But, I must say that when it all comes down nothing tops a Porsche. If you want to check out some of the finest specimens that I have to stare at every day(without a budget even aproaching 33k) check out ManageMyCar.com and click on the sales page. Good luck in your decision.

Jonathan

Get the M3 and save up for the porsche.
08-29-2001, 09:37 PM
I have a 95 M3 and a 1980 930.I have been setting up the Porsche for a while. The M3 is a lot cheaper to maintain and will give you the same performance.Also at your age you won't need a 2 seater.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index