Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : buy or not...?

Mike
07-06-2001, 08:08 PM
I've come across a 1979 911 with an all steel conversion to the 930 turbo look.

it has about 2500 miles on it a totally rebuilt engine. they're looking to sell it for around $25K or so.

it also has a crazy sound system as this car was featured in the july 98 issue of car and audio electronics.

what in particular should i ask the owner for...i have never owned a porsche and am not sure what to look for.

Charlie R.
07-07-2001, 04:42 PM
First off the price sounds high.

The motor is the big thing. After that it's the tranny. If the tranny has been rebuilt you should be ready to go for another 100K + miles.

Dave
07-09-2001, 09:30 AM
I have an 81SC widebody conversion, it turns heads everywhere I go...kinda fun! What is the overall condition of the car? mileage,rust,engine,interior,etc... Does everything work on the car? power seats? mirrors, wipers,etc... You can "run" the title on the car through carfax.com, costs 15$ but it may give you some piece of mind regarding the car's history. Does the seller have records and reciepts? My advice, look at everything on the car and pay a porsche mechanic (50-100 bucks) to check it out. I agree 25K sounds a bit high but I don't think I would sell mine for less than 19 - 20K

Good luck,
Dave

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index