Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

peskydeskey
07-07-2001, 01:40 PM
hey guys, i just picked up my imola red m3 yesterday at the german dealership. man, jedinite, thanks for making me change back to imola red! i absolutely LOVE IT!!! it is definetely the M3 color! anyways, i got so much attention yesterday, infact, the german/american dealership i bought it from took pictures of me yesterday and they're posting it our their homepage! then, next week, they want me to go back so they can take another picture of me, but this time with my modified m3. as soon as i picked it up yesterday, i went straight to the bmw tuning shop that sponsors our car club and it got dropped with KW coilovers (you can't expect anything better then the best for this car and KW is better than H&R) and had my BBS RKII rims put on. oh my god, the car is SUPER TIGHT now!!! i promise to post pictures in the next couples days and i'll give you all the link to the german/american dealership as well as our car clubs link where you can see all my pictures and everyone else in our car club here in germany.

Will Gilbert
07-07-2001, 01:51 PM
My Imola Red m3 just got to the port the other night, hoping to have it next week. I already have H&R springs awaiting its arrival. Are those KW coilovers for the m3 in particular or just 3 series? Any info would be much appriciated.

///Lordy
07-07-2001, 02:06 PM
beauty of yours!!

I'm in Nuremberg. You think I could hop up to your place and drool over it for a while??

Would be cool!

Lordy from Bavaria :-)

www.leo.nutz.de

peskydeskey
07-07-2001, 02:32 PM
the KW coilovers are M3 specific, not just for any E46 3 series. it cost a pretty penny (not as bad as H&R in the states though) 2200 marks which is equivalent to about $1000, but they are the best and are used here in Germany for Formula 1 racing. Plus I like them because everyone has H&R nowadays. let me know if you want to know more about it and i'll give you the URL

jeff
07-07-2001, 03:10 PM
Which dealer? I'm getting mine from Pentagon in Kaiserslautern. My delivery date is next April. Flying into Ramstein with the family in a couple weeks, hopefully I'll get to test drive one. Congrats on your new "baby".

Isolated in Italy

peskydeskey
07-07-2001, 04:14 PM
yup, i got mine from pentagon car sales in kaiserslautern also. who's your sales rep? ya, me and my car will be on their website in the next week. so, what color and options did you get? did you get smg? you lucky dog, if i had the time, i would wait too. how much did it run you?

ACSBMW
07-07-2001, 05:01 PM
Man Congrats Deskey I was wondering what happened to ya? Send some pics to my work. I'm at Lakenheath talked to you before maybe I'll be able to get over there before I PCS and you can give me a test flight in it. Have fun enjoy the "Bahnstormin"

in person yet. Silver or Red second choice...
07-08-2001, 09:10 AM
Pesky,

Gary is my sales rep. We've ordered the '02 model in PY. I'm still a little uncertain about the color though. Options include the metallic paint and xenon headlights. I'm interested in the SMGII, but don't know if I can justify the additional 2-3k to the ol' lady. Where are you from originally? And, can you tell me a little more about your car club? Oh yeah, it's $43k right now because I've included $1k for model year price increase.

Thanx,

jeffreylund@usa.net

peskydeskey
07-08-2001, 12:41 PM
ya, about our car club, i assure you, every hooked up bmw you see in the kmc (kaiserslautern military community) is part of my club. i started it may of last year and we've done nothing but blown up, especially this year. we enter all the german bimmer shows and all of us always sweep and take all the categories in our divisions. sometimes it's like we're only competing with ourselves! we're an actual car club and we get out and do things. a few of us have our bimmers in german auto mags and even stateside ones. like i mentioned to you before, once i post the pictures of my m3 on our page, i'll email you the url. in the meantime, keep me in touch and don't let the wait get to you for your m, i waited 15 months...

jeff
07-08-2001, 02:17 PM
If your around then maybe you could show me your car. I've seen the bright red for the other 3 series cars, but I haven't seen the Imola Red. Yellow is my first choice, but I haven't viewed that either. I take it that you're Air Force. Well, I'm Navy. Keep in touch

Jeff

wohlfecc
07-09-2001, 12:26 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index