Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bcar
07-07-2001, 08:52 PM
Just got back from the CCA drivers school at MIS (michigan intr. speedway) and wow what a great time. But one thing for those who want to track their car.... ready...

BRAKES!!!!!! The stock brake pads $UCK!!! They are good for a while but they turn to mush after a bit... Granted at this track at the end of the main straight I was doing btw. 130-145 then nailing the brakes to around 50 or so... So for those who want to track their Ms get new BRAKE PADS, LINES, and FLUID... THAT is our best bang for our buck for speed... Other than that the car is GREAT on track... What a ton of fun and the car is so easy to drive, it does get a little nutty towards the limit but if you know what to feel for its easy to hold... What a ton of fun though... Ill let everyone know how tomorow goes...

Chris
07-08-2001, 01:55 AM
could you let me know what pads you go with please. Email would be great. Thanks in advance
cchambers@megapathdsl.net

SimonB
07-08-2001, 02:18 AM
The issue is that the brakes overheat very quickly and the pads can't take it. Essentially BMW have provided a road-biased pad (probably to avoid the kind of whining we currently see about the 'clunk', leather wrinkling, quality of the coathook etc)

new lines are not necessary - new pads are - and for safety I'd change fluid to.

I am in the process of gatting the BMW m-sport pad part # (I'll post this when I have it) but in the meantime I can tell you that PAGID do make a pad - they recommend their yellow (enduro) compound. However if you fit this you will invalidate the warranty.

Bill
07-08-2001, 07:35 AM
<in the meantime I can tell you that PAGID do make a pad - they
recommend their yellow (enduro) compound. However if you fit
this you will invalidate the warranty.>

Why? Are you sure? It makes absolutely no sense for BMW to
make a car they tout as having such great attributes on the track,
and provide brakes that are not adequate. To further the insult by
voiding a warranty simply because someone put decent pads on
is ridiculous. Iíve seen my son go completely through a set of
stock pads on his Z Coupe in less than a day at a driverís
school, and last Friday he warped the rotors on his E36 M3 (at