Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JCF
07-08-2001, 03:19 PM
So I'm taking my car in next week for the 1200 mile service. How do I get the guys to activate my clown nose so it flashes when I lock/unlock the car? Is there a certain code or procedure they need to know?

johnW
07-08-2001, 03:40 PM
You're one of the few new M3s to get the LED on the rearview
mirror. Most of us failed to get the standard LED and are still having
problems getting BMWNA to install the LED/rearview mirror with
the burgular alarm. Apparently the M3 alarm system is $500 which
includes the LED mirror. The 3-series alarm is $300 because
the LED comes standard with the vehicle. The M3 in the brochure
was supposed to come with the alarm system standard, but I
guess BMW changed their mind somewhere along the line. You have
got to buy the alarm to get your LED working, however.

Lincoln
07-08-2001, 03:44 PM
You do not have to have the alarm to make the clown nose flash. BUT if you do get the dealer to activate your clown nose without having the alarm it will cause a ton of fault codes...so when you really have a problem with the car and the dealer hooks it up to the DIS then he will have to search for the "real" fault code.

Lincoln
07-08-2001, 03:45 PM

M3tm
07-08-2001, 11:38 PM
said specifically that BMW would install free of charge a LED rear view mirror in those with installed alarm system. Had mine ordered under this bulletin and installed in 10 minutes when it arrived. Super ease installation and wire hookup. Although I can not get the exact bulletin my posting several weeks ago outlined the bulletin, if you need me to find the specifics please state such or e-mail me. On this issue BMW did exactly what they said they would.

Ed Ward
07-09-2001, 12:07 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index