Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MK Boy
07-09-2001, 04:12 AM
Hi,

I need somebody to please explain the reason this vehicle was so much slower to 100 km/h - I read something about axle's.

I personally would have thought the Schnitzer mod's - short shift, exhaust and Wheel / tyre configuration - would actually have yielded a better rate 0 - 100 km/h time and perhaps a similar to marginally slower 0 - 200 km/h time.

The times however are terrible 0 - 100 km/h is 1 full second slower than the standard car and the 0 - 200 km/h time is a full 3 seconds slower than the standard car. As tested by the same magazine.

I will e-mail them today and see if they have an explanation for these figures, however would appreciate you comments in any case.

MK Boy

///Lordy
07-09-2001, 04:25 AM

bmw freak germany
07-09-2001, 04:25 AM
this auto it participates slower because translation participates built-in with the tuned ac-schnitzer an others gear.with one tests in Germany on a racetrack the ac-schnitzer m3 (s3 sport) was admittedly 1 seconds from 0-100km/h the lap time more slowly however in the compares m3 to a standard about 3 to 5 seconds more quickly!!!you hasten however hey no one other mechanisms translation but only the short shift circuit.
your car has the normal 0-100km/h time like the standard m3 but you have shorter gearchanges (with the short shift) - more not!

bmw freak germany
07-09-2001, 04:30 AM
bad english!
hope all of you understand what i want to say!
sorry...

///Lordy
07-09-2001, 04:34 AM
and where do you live?

I'm from Nuernberg.

Lordy
my webby: www.leo.nutz.de

Delivery April 2002

bmw freak germany
07-09-2001, 04:42 AM
i live in mannheim and i did not have a bmw m3!
but i will have one!!!!

MK Boy
07-09-2001, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I did pull up Decembers M3 / CLK 55 Sport Auto article which showed the slower acceleration times, however was a full second faster around Hockenheim that the standard M3.

The Short Shift should yield quicker changes, the exhaust should yield more power (slightly) and the smaller OD with the wheel / tyre config should yield quicker acceleration 0 - 100 at least.

MK Boy

PS I have e-mailed them and await their comments - should answer me by tomorrow.

///Lordy
07-09-2001, 04:56 AM

MK Boy
07-09-2001, 06:13 AM
Hi Lordy,

Please explain this axle ratio to me. What I am trying to work out is why they would change anything on a car that is so perfect - they're not touching the engine so why stuff up the acceleration by modifying the axle's. I am assuming the axle ratio's do not change because of the overall diameter of the wheels, and that it is actually something they have done to the axles????

I am definitely going for Schnitzer suspension, exhaust, short shift and wheel tyre configuration - I will however not change anything which is going to change my acceleration. I live for acceleration, however obviously love the added handling benefits from suspension and wheels / tyres. Kindly explain how Schnitzer get a different axle ratio. If this change comes from the basic changes I have detailed then I will not get them done.

Thanks

MK Boy

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index