Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

poudre sports car
07-09-2001, 12:12 PM
Our 83 SC has devoloped an overheating problem. We have done all that we can think of to repair theproblem, to no avail. The previous repairs that we have made include, new engine oiul cooler, front fender mount oil cooler, new and new lines. There seems to be no evidence that the oil is not making it to the coolers, and they are both good. Any hellp on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hambone
07-11-2001, 09:55 AM
I have that engine in my Porsche as well and it is relatively bulletproof. If the oil cooler is warm or hot to the touch, then it is working. You may have a bad temperature sensor or temperature gauge.

One suggestion would be to take the temperature of the oil in the oil tank. If you can't find a cheap pyrometer; use a cooking therometer and see if it agrees with the temperature indicated on the gauge. Just be careful not to drop anything in the tank and don't get yourself burned.

poudre sports car
07-11-2001, 04:20 PM
Thanks Hambone, but we know that the gauge is reading correctly, and that the oil is auctualy getting hot. We have rebuilt many SC engines, and are familliar with these problems. This one car is just a flucke I guess. We have changed oil lines, done both coolers, and researched the problem as throughly as possible. We as currently stumped, and thought that this message board would be a good resouce. Thanks alot for your help, as the suggestion was followed, but to no avail. Hopefully we can figure this issure oiut and resolve the situation. Thanks again, and if you have any further suggestions, let us know.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index