Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak? smoke from heater

Jaap Heida
07-11-2001, 03:40 PM
Car: 911SC Coupe 1978
I struggle for some time with an oil leak, this is dripping on the exhaust (heater part) on the right side of the car. This start smoking for about 3-5 minutes. I changed several parts in the engine, oilcooler, oil pipes, bearings? Anybody has an solution for this problem?
thanx in advance

Hambone
07-13-2001, 01:55 PM
Jaap Heida,
Check the oil lines that feed the heads. These lines snake around the area that is obscured by the muffler and exhaust flanges. If that is indeed where the leak is occurring, then you may have to remove the muffler to fix the leak. I'm assuming you have ckecked the valve cover gaskets, oil return lines and tank hose etc.

jej
07-21-2001, 10:42 AM
I had a small pin hole sized leak from my oil cooler. If you blipped the throttle and had a mirror between the oil cooler and exhaust, a small spray of oil would hit the mirror. I replaced the oil cooler with a new unit from Behr. Unfortunately, the new unit also had a small leak in it. Highly unusual, but Behr finally admitted the new unit was defective. I believe Tweeks said they had only sold 7 OEM oil coolers the previuos year.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index