Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

julian707
07-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Looking at a 77 911s- motor rebuilt 40k ago total car has 180k on it. Drives very good. Motor is wet with oil, but not leaking to the point of puddles on the ground. Mechanic says it checks out fine. body is perfect. California car, so it is dry, no rust. Has receipts from 1977 to present. Price is currently $7k. Any suggestions?

Hambone
07-19-2001, 04:16 PM
Julian,
Sounds like a deal to me. Previous owner may have sunk $7 in the rebuild alone. Wouldn't fret much about the leaks; just try to keep the motor from overheating; you may have to add an external oil cooler if it doesn't have one.

julian707
07-19-2001, 05:42 PM
I bought it last week. I am having a blast with it. Now my friend HAS to have one. My tempature gauge doesn't have actual numbers on it, is there any spot on the color coded gauge I should make sure it does not go past? It seems to not heat up at all. I live in North Idaho where it doesn't get over 100 but about 3 days a year and is usually around 70. The car came from Napa, California where it doesn't get blistering hot very extended periods either. Should I find a gauge that has the numbers on it?
Thank you
dylan

Brian Yee
07-21-2001, 08:01 PM
...Is beginning to get on the "warm side" for sustained running in hot (90 degrees+) weather. At three quarters, you will be running an oil temp of approximately 220 degrees. You can purchase a gauge with numbers from Alan Johnson racing in San Diego. I highly recommend it.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index