Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Anuphot B.
07-18-2001, 08:18 PM
Hello:

I am looking for any comment or advise on the Carrera engine problem. The car can be started easily,when the engine is cold, and it run perfectly without any problems. The engine performance was normal. The problem only happen when I try to restart the engine after a normal running (normal operating temp. est. 200 deg F indicated on the temp gauge) of the engine. However, the engine will be able to start and running again when the engine cool down for about 15-20 minutes. Does anyone has this kind of problem with your Carrera engine. My engine got 52,000 miles on it. The engine head temp. sensor has been replaced once about five years ago. Any comments or advises on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Anuphot B.

Adam Nitti
07-22-2001, 10:31 AM
I'll bet your head tempurature sensor is dying and needs to be
replaced. You are describing the exact symptoms associated
with this. I experienced this, myself when I first bought my car.
Changed the sensor, and all was well in the world!

Good luck-

Anuphot B.
07-23-2001, 01:03 AM
When did you replaced your sensor? I did replace this sensor once already many years ago. I'm wondering of how long the sensor will last. Should we replace this sensor as a part of the routine maintenance of the car? I will get a new one put on. Thank you for your advise.

Anuphot B.

Adam Nitti
07-24-2001, 12:06 PM
anuphot-

i don't believe the head temp sensor is an item that you would do
routine replacement on... just replace when it fails. also, i believe
that the older versions of the sensor (like the original) are inferior
to the newer versions. the old style requires a 13mm socket, the
newer a 14mm. also, the newer versions of the sensor are a 2
wire sensor (one wire is an added ground); the older version is a
one wire that uses the screw threads as a ground. that's how
you can tell which one you have. i have also heard that the older
versions are problematic.

hope this helps!

Anuphot B.
08-08-2001, 05:37 AM
I just bought the new sensor, unfortunately the old type one. The dealer did not provide any recommendation to get the upgraded one. If this one fail, I will get the new type. Let hope that I can get a few years out of this one. Thank you very much for your advise. It was a good one.

Sincerely yours,

Anuphot B.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index