Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Matt930s
07-31-2001, 01:01 PM
I get very frustrated by the attitudes of people at the "other" porsche site regarding their opinions on conversions. I have a sweet 1974 sunroof coupe with steel slant nose and widebody, 3.0 webbered, and factory turbo tail. I have added power windows, seats and updated this car to near 930s specs. I know it's not a "real" 930s but when people say it's worth much less because of the conversion, it pisses me off! Now, this car with the original brown paint and 2.7 is one that doesn't appeal to me, so why do folks feel it's worth less.
Just venting.
Matt

Hambone
08-02-2001, 01:41 PM
Matt,

It's your car and the only thing that is important is how YOU feel about the car. You've obviously put a lot of effort and resources in the car and are quite satisfied with it. Just enjoy it; it wouldn't run any better if you had bought it new and paid big bucks for it.

I too have an old 74 911 sunroof coupe that I've put a 3 liter SC engine and much love into. When I get asked "Hey, how old is that car?" I just shake my head and say "It's not for sale!"

Matt930s
08-02-2001, 02:14 PM
Hambone:
You seem to understand exactly where I'm coming from. The crap I get is from other Porsche "philes" who may own a "pure bred". It seems that if you ask any questions about "customizing" thay slam you. But I don't care. I coresponded with Bruce Anderson via email once and he stated that the mid-year cars with the 3.0 SC motors are quite desirable.
Hope you continue to enjoy your ride.
Matt

Hambone
08-03-2001, 12:37 PM
Matt,

Yep, we got us some neat toys! Too bad some of our colleagues get all wrapped up in how much money they make and the purity of their toys. They probably have car notes and are living beyond their means.

Just remember that living well is life's best revenge!

TOM
08-04-2001, 05:49 PM
What is the "other site" you speak of?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index