Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

davisfeng
08-01-2001, 03:40 PM
Subject pretty much says it all. I am considering a new-to-me car, and I am curious about peoples preceptions about either getting a new 2001 boxster S or getting a 96-98 C2S or C4S. are the 3 cars even comparable? are the prices comparable?

I will probably track this car. ie lots of track events, no racing.

thx
davis

Alan
08-02-2001, 04:31 PM
...Personally, I think the others look better than the Boxster, but that's really a subjective thing. Being mid-engined, the Boxster will certainly handle well, but I think you will find the others on the track more often and will probably find more modifications available for them to make them track-ready.

jms
08-21-2001, 07:03 PM
Don't know if this helps but I own a 99 Boxster and just sold a 99 911 (996). Unless you really know your Porsche's, it is VERY hard to tell the difference from the front.

Most of the people looking at the 911 from the back called it a Carrera anyway (that is the badging).

The 911 of course completely outperforms the Boxster from an acceleration and speed standpoint, but IMO, the Boxster handles better due to the more even weight distribution.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index