Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : boxster S, 993 C2S, or 993 C4S

davisfeng
08-01-2001, 03:41 PM
hey all,

Subject pretty much says it all. I am considering a new-to-me car, and I am curious about peoples preceptions about either getting a new 2001 boxster S or getting a 96-98 C2S or C4S. are the 3 cars even comparable? are the prices comparable?

I will probably track this car. ie lots of track events, no racing.
btw, I am coming from a 2000 M Coupe(AKA the M Shoe)
thx
davis

RT7
08-01-2001, 08:48 PM
Turbo-body style, lighter than C4S, good re-sale value. The C2S came out in '97 & '98.

Charlie R.
08-02-2001, 07:50 AM
There's especially no reason for the C4 unless you just "sorta want it". The Boxster S is a nice car but I still prefer a C2. Keep in mind that if you take the Boxster to the track you're going to have to put atleast a roll hoop in it and for your own safety I highly recommend against driving a cab at the track. I don't care about all the TUV stuff and PCA GCR's etc. let your common sense guide you there.

Jake
08-03-2001, 02:12 PM
Charlie makes a good point about a roll hoop and saftey regulations of dealing with a cab. Other than this, a boxster would make a good track car, limited only by its power, which can be a big thing to some. But,Ummmm,,what the hell does this mean??? --->"There's especially no reason for the C4 unless you just "sorta want it". " ???

Charlie R.
08-04-2001, 09:33 AM
Now a 99tt is a different story. I'd prefer not to have the extra weight in most cases.

andy
08-04-2001, 09:08 PM

RT7
08-05-2001, 12:40 AM
IMO, the C4 is good if you're thinking of driving the car on the rain or snow but here in Southern Cal, there's no reason to need a C4. What Charlie was saying, if you REALLY dig C4 and must have the extra 150lbs of weight then go ahead. As far as the 993TT, then that's a completely different story. The extra HP can easily compensate the extra weight.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index