Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jay
09-03-2001, 11:12 PM
I'm considering both ... any input would be appreciated.

thanks!

Jay

BobbyB
09-05-2001, 10:22 AM
Depends if it's worth it to you. If you are looking for value, then NO. No because you will keep $$ in your pocket at purchase and on trade-in the S will not bring as much in difference as it cost new. No, if you just cruise and enjoy top down driving. Yes if you like the additional hp, the mechanicals, the brakes (this in itself could be worth it-life saver those extra feet). These are all intangables that do don't retreive $$. Your call. I got the S. I had an M-roadster (240 hp) drove the non-S, not enough get up for me.

01GRBoxsterS
09-05-2001, 06:01 PM
a nice great handling convertible...the S feels like a great sports car that happens to be a convertible.

Have the S and brother had the regular Boxster.

Either way you cant really go THAT wrong. :)

jkingston
09-06-2001, 12:18 PM
I owned the regular boxster and replaced it with the S. There is much more to the S than just the extra power. The 6 speed is a huge improvement--both in terms of the ratios and in terms of the silky shift linkage. The brakes are much better; they are simply lifted from the 911. The top is quieter as it is lined in the S. The suspension has been retuned and is both more precise and more stable at high speed. Now to the power. The S is simply put much quicker and better than that the quickness is more accessible. In every day driving a squeeze on the accelerator always taps real grunt and thrust. Not so with the smaller engine that really had to be kept in its power band all the time. For me the price difference was more than justified. Jeff

Trplblk2.8
09-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Get a Z3 3.0!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index