Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jim
09-05-2001, 07:27 AM
A friend of mine managed to put my 1986 911 in 1st on her way to third, TWICE. Afterwards, the car drove fine until I shut it off. Now the starter just turns the engine over and over, with no attempts to catch. I've had the car 8 years and it's always fired up very quickly.

I've found that I have spark to the coil wire on the distributor, but nothing coming out of the plug wires. I've replaced the rotor and distributor cap to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Charlie R.
09-07-2001, 07:54 AM
If in fact it ran fine afterwards then you have to take the overrevving out of the equation assuming you don't hear anything like valves hitting cylinders. Maybe it's the distributor itself. They do go bad and your sounds like it's due. It doesn't sound like the splines were stripped off of it because it would have started to miss and "not run fine" immediately after the incdient.

Gassman
10-02-2001, 03:31 PM
Check to see if it has gas. I found out my gage did not work after the repair shop spent 5 hours trying to diagnose the problem.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index