Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


09-09-2001, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know of where I might purchase a set of seat height spacers for my 78 SC? I would like to raise it 1/2 to 1 inch if possible. Thanks for any help.

Glenn Wade
09-18-2001, 09:06 PM
You can buy seat spacers from performance products 1-800-423-3173, or try Or you can just go to the hardware store and buy some 7/8inch box pipe,(cut them to length yourself with a hacksawjigsaw/chopsaw/grinder/whichever) drill the mounting holes with a cobalt steel drill bit or a DeWalt Pilot point bit (I forget the size, but its the best choice) and some 8mm x 20mm length stainless steel bolts with lock washers and just make your own for much less. This is what I did, but I only wanted to raise it about 1/2" so I just used (2) 1/4" steel slats, instead of the box pipe for a 1" lift, that I bought from the Home Depot for about $5 and stacked them on top of eachother for a 1/2" lift. Just paint it black, and its better than the one you can buy out of any catalog and stronger. Good luck

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index