Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mmmjersey
09-30-2001, 07:14 PM
We need something to carry our dogs around in, tow my jetskis with, and get around during snow storms in safety. This is going to be an extra car for our family and anyone that wants to drive it can (which doesnt have much relevance in our pick). My family and I have been looking at SUV's and have come up with the following as possible alernatives:

Infiniti QX4 (Pros: Great prices now, readily available, smooth for a truck, rock solid dependability Cons: Kind of small, rear doors are a [censored] to get in, and feels a bit small)

Acura MDX Touring (Pros: Comfortable, reliable, and good looking Cons: Cheap interior, first year car, limited supply, and the 02 model wont be available for several months)

Toyota Sequoia Limited (Pros: Big, comfortable, reliable, powerful, safe, and readily available at a reasonable price Cons: Big, kind of ugly, truck like ride and handling)

Toyota Landcruiser (Pros: Smooth, quiet, comfortable, powerful, reliable, good value retention historically, and somewhat nicer than the competition on the inside Cons: Very expensive, gas guzzler, dated design, and is big)

Cadillac Escalade (Pros: Nice looking, big, smooth, comfortable Cons: Every rapper and drug dealer here in NY wants one, American made quality problems potentially, gas guzzler and overpriced)

Lexus RX300 (Pros: Car like ride, comfortable, quiet, reliable, safe Cons: Small, overpriced now that the Toyota Highlander is out, can't tow very much, soccer mom image, will get torn up off road, and is wimpy looking)

Audi Allroad: (Pros: Fast, versatile, comfortable, safe Cons: Kind of a mommy mobile image, weak towing capabilities, relatively small, expensive, possible reliability issues, and ugly)

Anyway, if you have any of the aforementioned SUV's I would appreciate any input that you can offer. By the way, I'm not interested in the X5 because I want a reliable and reasonably priced SUV. I have heard too many horror stories about those trucks and I don't want another BMW headache. I know the dealer way too well through my 5 months of ownership of an 01 M3. Thank you for your anticipated responses, suggestions, comments, rude remarks (as anticipated on this board), and information.

Regards,
Andrew

Mike
09-30-2001, 08:05 PM
I have had mine for 10 months now and it is perfect. I don't have a single complaint. You cannot go wrong especially if you have 3 or more kids....

wickedone
09-30-2001, 09:00 PM

wife has RX300, loves it, it is kinda small but
09-30-2001, 10:37 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index