Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Gerard Sullivan
10-01-2001, 04:57 PM
My 2000 with 8000 on the clock (bought 2nd hand) has a loud droning coming from the back of the car at 35-40 mph. The tyre pressures are OK, 17" Pirelli shod, it is road speed dependent not gear or engine. I had the wheels swapped and wheel bearings checked. The noise causes a resonance in the car which is B$#@y annoying because I have to drive 10 miles a day in this speed range.

Anyone else had this?

Regards,
Ger.

Charlie R.
10-02-2001, 08:16 AM
Does it go away above 40 MPH? If it does I'd look back to the gear box, bearings, CVs, etc. It sounds like it might be something mechanical. Have the Porsche service manager take it for a few days.

Gerard Sullivan
10-02-2001, 11:55 AM
I was wondering this myself. Between 30 and 40 there is a resonace which is very noticeable but I thought I could hear traces of it when I was doing a 50-60 cruise the other day. I'm starting to think the noise is at it's worst at 30-40 but is there all the time. The mechanic admits to there being a noise but can't explain it. This is a lot of trouble for a low mileage year old car. We've only just got it back from getting the flooded inside fixed :(

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index