Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Michael T
10-13-2001, 11:37 AM
I spec'd my SMG II M3 last week for estimated early January delivery (Momentum BMW in Houston). I wonder what dealer info I need to track it (order number, vin, etc). Any help would be appreciated.

Larbear
10-13-2001, 11:50 AM
At the BMW site, enter the Owner's Circle. Create a new account
(even if you've already got one for an existing car). Use your
production number (provided by your dealer) to set-up your new
account. Now log-in and you'll find a choice for "Order Tracking."

I've read here many times that the web information lags the
phone line. Dial 1-800-831-1117 opt #3 to get your info.

Track too at BMW 800-831-1117, opt 3. 2002 M3
10-13-2001, 11:51 AM

A Week And Counting
10-13-2001, 11:51 AM
You'll need to get your sales person to give you the production order number. You can use this number (or a VIN, but your car won't have a VIN until it just before begins production).

Ask your sales person to give you the Vehicle Inquiry sheet, it should have all the info you need on your car -- your production number, options, prices, etc. And also importantly an order type of 1 for "customer sold" and your name in the customer name field.

Goody4
10-13-2001, 11:55 AM
...or Vehicle Inquiry Report. Since your car is only "ordered" at this point, the VIR will have just an order number.

Go to BMWUSA.com, set up a new account under Owner's Circle. It's been awhile since I did this--and BMW's site is bit hard to follow--but keep "clicking" options until it asks you for an "Order Number or VIN". Enter your number, and that's it, it'll update to VIN automatically when it is assigned.

The Owner's circle is typically behind the VIR by about 5 to 7 days. Your dealer receives VIRs daily. They're easier to access and more up-to-date.

Or, you could call BMWNNA's toll-free number with your order number and they'll tell you what the status of your car is. (800-831-1117 Option 3)

Michael T
10-13-2001, 08:10 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index